Is your child one of the 45 million Americans, high school age and under, that plays at least one organized sport? In Fairfax, VA, Dr. Kenneth Kim offers children's sports physicals to assist families in complying with school, club, and camp regulations and give parents peace of mind that their children are ready for strenuous activity.
First of all, your pediatrician wants to ensure your child is healthy. Accordingly, Dr. Kim will perform a head to toe physical assessment, checking:
- Height, weight, growth, and Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Vital signs: blood pressure, pulse, respiration, and body temperature
- Posture (and assessing for scoliosis)
- Strength, range of motion, joint function, and coordination
- Management of chronic conditions such as diabetes, allergies, seizure disorders, and asthma
- Medical, medication, surgical, and injury history
Finally, Dr. Kim and his staff will update your child's immunizations as needed, complete their shot records, and fill out any forms required by the school or organization.
Health and Safety First
The pre-participation sports physical makes sure a child is healthy enough to play sports. It also gives the child, parent, and doctor opportunities to ask questions about safety, proper equipment, nutrition, conditioning, and more.
At Kenneth J. Kim Pediatrics in Fairfax, VA, Dr. Kim and
his staff fully support the many health and psycho-social benefits of athletic participation. They'll fully partner with your family to ensure kids have the best, and healthiest, experience possible.
Call our Fairfax Office Today!
If it's time for a children's sports physical, call Kenneth J. Kim Pediatrics today for an appointment. We have ample office hours Monday through Fridays. Phone (703) 246-0022.