We are excited that you have chosen Kenneth J Kim Pediatrics for your child's medical care. Your comfort and convenience are our priority, and we strive to make every visit to our office a positive experience. To help you get acquainted with our office and first visit procedures, we have included helpful information on this page.
Our practice is working together to build life-long relationships between our staff and our patients by consistently providing our patients with compassion, excellence and value. To fulfill this mission, we are committed to:
- Improving the lives of the children we serve by providing quality care in a child-centered environment.
- Listening to our young patients and their families who we are privileged to serve.
- Guiding our patients along a path of optimal health and wellness.
- Continually pursuing excellence at all levels through continuing education.
To expedite your first appointment, please arrive 10-15 minutes early to complete registration forms so that we have all the necessary information to treat your child. You may also download and print the forms from this website, fill them out ahead of time, and bring them with you to the first appointment. Forms are available in the Forms section of the website.
What to expect
A pleasant, comfortable first visit builds trust and helps put the child at ease during future visits. We want your child to enjoy getting to know our doctors and staff, so we work hard to establish this bond during every appointment to our office. During your initial appointment, we will explain everything in detail and answer any questions you may have.
Prenatal Meet and Greet
Congratulations on your expected newborn baby. We would love to become your baby's medical provider. Before you choose a pediatrician or have decided to bring your newborn baby to our office, we highly recommended having a prenatal meeting and greeting. You can call 703-246-0022 to schedule a Meet and Greet appointment. You will have opportunity to meet Dr. Kim and the staffs and get acquainted with the office prior to bringing your newborn baby. We will show you our comfortable and child friendly office and answer any questions you may have about our practice.
If your child will be seen for the first time for a well visit, please bring your child's vaccine records or make arrangements for our office to receive them prior to the appointment. This will save your child a second visit for obtaining vaccines if vaccine records are not present during the well visit appointment. If it is a newborn baby, please bring all hospital papers including Newborn History and Physical, Newborn Discharge Summary, record for vaccine given in the hospital
If your child is ill and needs to be seen on the same day, we will try our best to fit your child in on the same day. If you are coming in for Hospital or ER visit follow up, please bring all discharge papers, medication list, and relevant information to your visit.
Insurance and Billing
- Virginia Medicaid
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Innovation Health
- InTotal Health
- Optima Health
- Virginia Premier
- Self Pay
- Appointments: Please be on time for appointments and bring your ID and child's insurance card.
- Walk-in: Walk-in is not allowed. You will be charged a service fee of $30 for walk-in visits and will not be covered by insurance .
- Reschedule: If you can not make the scheduled appointment and need to reschedule, please call 24 hours before the appointment to avoid any fees. If you call within the 24 hour period to reschedule, you will be charged $15.
- No shows: If you do not show up for an appointment, you will be charged $30. You will not be able to schedule the next appointment before making the payment.
- Payments: For self pay patients or patients with non participating insurances, payment is due at the time of service.